Sushi refers to the slightly sweet, vinegary rice that is formed into balls and rolled up with seaweed. It can be topped (or filled) with fish and/or shellfish as well as the vegetable in season. Yes, if you like vegetable toppings or fillings. And also it is health-friendly and delicate
Ingredients of Cooking Vegetable Sushi
For wrapping up:
1 cup rice,
1 cup water,
1 tbsp brown rice vinegar,
1/2 tsp salt,
1/2 tsp sugar
For toppings and fillings:
roasted asparagus spears,
peeled and sliced avocado,
roasted beet strips,
lengthwise sliced cucumber (about 1/4-inch strips),
finely shredded kale,
roasted red pepper and sweet potato,
shiitake, sliced tomato(super thin wedges).
Note1. Prepare a bamboo sushi rolling mat to roll up.
2. The outside for rolling up sushi can be kelp, egg, tofu skin, the wrap of spring roll, celery cabbage, etc.
3. You can choose vegetables you like eating.
4. You can prepare some garnishes, like sesame, lemon zest, grated fresh ginger, sliced scallions, etc.
5. You can serve with traditional accompaniments: soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger.
How to Cook Vegetable Sushi
1. Rinse and cook the rice. Put the cooked rice in a bowl large enough; add the vinegar, salt, and sugar: mix them well gently. Cool the rice till you can handle.
2. Make sushi rolls and balls
(1) Place bamboo sushi mat on a cutting board and place 1 sheet nori on it.
(2)Spoon about 1/2 cup rice onto nori and spread it into a thin layer evenly.
(3)Choose one/more vegetables prepared and lay it/ them evenly on the rice.
(4)Use the mat to hold things together and roll over; make sure it is not too loose.
(5)Cut the sushi roll into pieces.
(1) take 1/2 tbsp rice and form into an oval.
(2)Top the rice balls with different vegetables according to your taste.
(3) Ready and enjoy.