Chinese noodles are versatile and have so many ways to prepare—stir-fry, pan-fry, boil, blanch, soup, gravy or dry. One of the most popular Chinese noodles is chow mein (fried noodles) served with some shredded vegetables, some protein—chicken, pork, beef, seafood, or a combination.
Things You Will Need
230g steamed noodles/pan-fried noodles (you can buy from a supermarket),
3 garlic cloves,
1/2cup shredded cabbage,
1/4cup shredded carrot,
1 1/2tbsp soy sauce,
1tbsp oyster sauce/fish sauce,
2tbsp cooking oil,
2 stalks scallions,
salt to taste.
Tips: You can add any vegetable, meat you want to give this dish your own personal flair.
How to Cook Fried Noodles
1. Cut the pork into thin shreds, the scallion into 2-inch length; shell and devein the shrimps (rinse); finely chop the garlic cloves.
2. Soak the steamed noodles in cold water for 5 mins; rinse until the water turns clear and the noodles are soft; remove and drain; set aside.
3. Mix all the seasoning ingredients well and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a wok or in a saucepan. Add garlic and stir-fry until lightly brown; add pork and shrimp and stir-fry until they are half done. Add cabbage and carrot and do a few quick stirs.
5. Add noodles, seasoning mixture and water; keep stir-frying until they are well blended and the noodle is completely cooked. Add scallion and stir-fry a little.
6. Dish out and enjoy.