Fried rice has a Chinese root, but it is popular in many foreign countries. It is a great dish to make with leftovers. You can use just any kind of meat and/or vegetable even fruit in it. And in this easy-make recipe, we use potato and bacon.
Ingredients of Potato-bacon Fried Rice
5 pieces bacon,
1 bowl of cold-cooked rice (leftover is better),
1 tbsp salt,
2 tsp ground pepper,
2 tsp ground cumin,
1 cup edible oil.
1. For an extra flavor, there can be more additions.
2. Cook over the medium heat to ensure the good taste.
How to Cook Potato-bacon Fried Rice
1. Rinse and peel the potato, then cut into small cubes.
2. Dice the onion and bacon.
3. Add 4 tbsp oil in a saucepan and heat over medium coking-temperature; stir-fry the diced potato until golden brown; remove to a bowl and set aside.
4. Heat another 4 tbsp oil in the saucepan and successively stir-fry the onion and bacon.
5. Add the rice and potato and keep stir-frying; then add the salt, the ground pepper, and cumin; mix and stir-fry until even.
6. Ready to serve.