Beef chunks alone with potatoes and carrots make this beef stew extra flavorful. This full-bodied stew will bring a crowdingrunning when you lift the lid. So, whether you can not wait to have a try to make this dish?
Ingredients of Beef Stew with Potatoes
2 pounds lean stew beef,
6 medium potatoes,
1 head peeled garlic,
2 bay leaves,
3 tbsp flour,
2 tbsp vegetable oil,
1 tbsp lemon juice,
1 tsp garlic powder,
1/2 tsp ground red pepper,
1/2 tsp pepper,
1 tsp vinegar,
1 tsp salt,
1 tsp sugar,
2 cups beef broth,
1/3 cup cold water.
Directions of Beef Stew with Potatoes
1. Cut the beef into 1-inch chunks; peel the potatoes and cut into 2-inch chunks; slice the carrots about 1-inch thick (or cut into chunks); cut the onion into pieces; mince the garlic.
2. Mix the flour, ground red pepper and garlic powder together to coat the beef chunks.
3. Heat the oil and brown the coated beef; remove to over the medium heat and stir-fry with the onion and garlic; add
vinegar to cook 2mins.
4. Transfer to the saucepot and add the remaining ingredients with water submerging the beef; stew for 2 hrs.
5. Add the potato and carrots stewing for another 30-40 mins or until the beef, potatoes and carrots very tender.
6. Ready to serve.
1. For a little sour flavor, vinegar, tomato paste, and tomatoes all will make it work.
2. If you like, you can add other vegetables.
3. You can cook in the pressure cooker as well as the slow cooker.
4. You can garnish with caraway, beans or corns.