Add bacon crisp to your mashed potatoes for a richer taste, and the bacon mashed potatoes will be big hit kids and adults are not exactly disappointed about eating them either.
Ingredients of Bacon Mashed Potatoes
3 pounds potatoes,
1/2 pound bacon,
2-3 tbsp cider vinegar,
1 tsp sugar,
2 tbsp chopped dill,
1 tsp salt,
1 tsp ground pepper.
How to Cook Bacon Mashed Potatoes
1. Peel the potato and cut into small potato chunks (1-2 inch). Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Steam the potato or simmer the potato until very tender.
3. At the same time, cook the bacon pieces in a skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove the bacon on the paper towel to drain.
4. Keep the hot fat from cooking bacon in the skillet; add the sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper; stir well until brown.
5. Reserve 1/2 cup steaming water in a bowl, mix the potato and mixture in Step 4; smash with a potato masher and add water if needed; fold in the dill, bacon.
1. The cider vinegar can be replaced by reduced-fat sour cream.
2. The sugar can be low-fat milk or buttermilk instead.
3. Except for chopped dill, for extra flavor, grainy mustard or sliced scallions can be added as well.
4. Vegetables in season are allowed.
5. You can serve with grilled steak or chicken.