Craving a fresh and crispy spring roll? Here is a time-tried yet simple and tasty recipe that requires just a few ingredients that will definitely please your palate and impress your guests.
Ingredients of Making Spring Rolls
A. For spring roll wrapper: 300g flour,3g salt,400g water
B. For fillings: 150g Chinese chives,40g bean sprouts,40g dried tofu,40g thin carrot shreds,5g roasted white sesame
C. For the dipping sauce: 5ml capsicol,30g sesame paste
Tips: You can change the fillings and dipping sauce based on your favorite tastes.
A. Make spring roll wrapper
1. In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt and water, and mix until well blended.
2. Heat the frying pan without oil over a medium-heat stove. Pour 1 tbsp batter into the pan, swirling the pan to spread the batter evenly. Cook until the spatula slides underneath easily, and then flip with the spatula to cook the other side.
3. Keep repeating this procedure until you use up all the batter.
Tips: 1. Stir the batter before you make each wrapper
2. Keep the wrapper a little moist before wrapping the spring rolls.
3. You can buy the ready-made wrapper in a supermarket.
B. Make spring roll
1. Thin the sesame paste with cold-boiled water and stir evenly with capsicol and cooked white sesame into the dipping sauce.
2. Rinse the Chinese chives and bean sprouts. Cut the Chinese chives into a 1-inch strip and the dried tofu into thin shreds. Blanch the Chinese chives, bean sprouts and carrots in boiled water. Remove to a bowl with the dried tofu, add some salt, chicken essence and cooking wine and stir evenly.
3. Place right-amount fillings on a piece of wrapper and wrap gently.
4. Heat the oil in a saucepan or wok to fry or panfry the spring rolls until golden-yellow for both sides.
5. Serve with the dipping sauce