Hot Apple Cider
Nothing beats a big cup of hot cider on a cold autumn or winter day. This hot apple cider is great as it calls for fresh apple juice and pure maple syrup. With this easy-to-make recipe, you will be ready to serve your guests or yourself in no time.
Hot Apple Cider Ingredients
6 cups apple juice,
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 cinnamon sticks,
6 whole cloves
6 whole allspice,
several lemon peel strips
Directions of Hot Apple Cider
1. Mix the apple juice and maple syrup in a saucepot large enough.
2. Fold up the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice and lemon zest in clean cheesecloth;
tie up with a length of kitchen string; put it in the saucepot.
3. Heat the saucepot until boiling, but not too much.
4. Remove the spice mixture in Step 2; ladle the cider in cups.
5. Enjoy it.
1. You can substitute sugar, brown sugar or honey for the maple syrup.
2. Whole allspice can be ground allspice. And you can add ginger slice.
3. When the apple cider is done, you can add a cinnamon stick if you like.
4. You can prepare some lemon slices for decoration.
5. For an extra treat, top it with whipped cream.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 124 calories,
0 fat (0 saturated fat),
23 mg sodium,
31 g carbohydrate,