There are many ways a person can cook pork fillet. If you are looking for more of a Chinese recipe, you will want to try to make some sweet and sour pork fillets. These pork fillets can be eaten alone or served with rice.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Pork
300g pork fillet,
1/2 tsp salt,
1 tsp cooking wine,
1 tbsp cornstarch,
3 tbsp vinegar,
1 tsp minced garlic,
1 large bowl edible oil,
1/2 tsp minced ginger,
1/4 tsp ground pepper,
3 tbsp flour,
2 tbsp tomato sauce,
3 tbsp sugar,
1 tsp salad oil,
1/2 tsp sesame,
1/2 tsp minced scallion.
How to Cook Sweet and Sour Pork
1. Dissolve 1/2 tbsp cornstarch in the hot water; mix with vinegar, sugar, half of cooking wine and salt well. Set aside.
2. Cut the fillet into thick strips or chunks; remove in a bowl; add the remaining salt and cooking wine and ground pepper; stir evenly for 20-min sousing.
3. Combine the flour and the remaining cornstarch with right-amount water; stir in salad oil to coat the fillet strips.
4. Heat the edible oil over high heat, then turn to medium heat; place the fillet strips one by one in and fry 1 min; remove and drain.
5. Continue heating the oil and fry the fillet strips again until golden yellow and crisp.
6. Keep about 3 tsp oil in the wok; stir-fry the minced garlic and ginger; add the tomato sauce, then add the fried fillet strips and keep stir-frying; add the mixture in Step 1 and bring to a boil until thickened.
7. Top with sesame and scallion; ready to serve.
Tips & Warnings
1. Keep in mind that you are working with hot oil, so use caution and supervise any children who are near the stove.
2. If you do not have a wok, use a deep-sided saucepan to hold the oil and fry the pork.
3. You can use boneless skinless chicken for the pork substitute if you prefer sweet and sour chicken.
4. You can add red/green pepper, onion, etc.