This is an awesome and easy recipe. These strawberry muffins are easy to make and will make any morning a good morning. Make these muffins with fresh or frozen sliced strawberries. Also, it really depends on your taste. If you want an even stronger strawberry flavor use strawberry extract instead of vanilla.
Ingredients of Strawberry Muffins
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 cups sugar
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
• 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, optional
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions of Strawberry Muffins
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix strawberries, oil, eggs and food coloring if desired; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans if desired.
3. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
4. Meanwhile, combine spread ingredients in a small bowl; beat until blended. Serve with the muffins. Store spread in the refrigerator.
5. Enjoy it with your family.
1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories,
11 g fat (3 g saturated fat),
29 mg cholesterol,
159 mg sodium,
34 g carbohydrate,
1 g fiber,
2 g protein.