Coca-cola chicken wings are surprisingly tasty in China. The recipe is very simple and it is a normal version of homemade coca-cola chicken wings. Braise the chicken wings in Coca Coke, and the Coke is helpful to tenderize the chicken and also give it a sweet glaze.
* 2 pounds chicken wings
* 1 can coca coke
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons sherry or Chinese cooking wine
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 4 slices fresh ginger
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 3 cloves garlic, sliced
* 5 pieces dried red chili
How to Cook the Coca-Cola Chicken Wings
1. Blanching the chicken wings in boiling water for 2 minutes to remove any blood and fat. Drain well.
2. Heat up 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet. Fry on both sides until chicken wings turn to golden brown, then remove the chicken wings and set them aside.
3. Heat the skillet with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and fry the dried red chilies, onion, and garlic for 15-20 seconds.
4. Return the chicken wings and add the cola, soy sauce, and cooking wine. Bring the mixture to boil, add the sliced ginger. Lower the heat and simmer it with a lid.
5. After 15-20 minutes or the liquid remains little, use higher heat to evaporate the water in. Stir the chicken wings every 5 minutes to prevent the wings from getting burnt. When the sauce
becomes sticky, turn off the heat, and you are ready to enjoy.
1. Make small cuts in the chicken wings, enable the sauce to enter into the meat, making it tastier.
2. Its sugar content is quite high. Therefore, people with diabetes should stay away from this dish.